Welcome to day five! Have fun everyone! 🙂
What You’ll Need for Today:
- One Notebook
- One Pen or Pencil
- Your Bible
- The guide below
- Say this prayer, or use one of your own.
- Read Esther 5:1-14 for the first time (the fifth book of the bible)
- As you read for the second time, jot down the different things Esther did to prepare herself to save her people. What things did she put on, besides fancy robes and crowns? (Hint: think spiritually!)
- How does Esther’s holy preparation contrast to Haman’s evil preparation? Write about what you think will happen to each of people, and why. How will God help or defeat them?
- Draw a venn-diagram to compare and contrast the qualities of Haman. Some examples to get you started are: Esther – quiet, intelligent, god-fearing. Haman – foolish, cruel, underhanded. Both – Driven, highly esteemed, loved by King Xerxes.
- Haman set up a large stick-like pole. It was 50 cubits, or 25 yards, tall. Draw it in your notebook, and to the side, leave room. We will come back to this part later.