The Seven Sorrows of Mary Chaplet, similar to the Franciscan Crown (or Seraphic) Rosary, is a set of prayers and meditations meant to help you reflect on the life of Mary. Through each meditation, you can really begin to see Jesus’ life through her eyes, which ultimately leads us closer to Christ, and helps us love Him to the best of our abilities.
As with the Mysteries, you meditate on one Sorrow for every decade. The sorrows are:
- The Prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2:25-35)
- The Flight into Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15)
- The Loss of Jesus in the Temple (Luke 2: 41-50)
- Seeing Jesus on the Way to the Cross (Luke 23: 27-29)
- The Crucifixion of Jesus (John 19: 25-30)
- The Taking Down of Jesus’ Body from the Cross ( Psalm 130)
- Burial of Jesus (Luke 23: 50-56)
** I found the readings here!
For full instructions for praying the seven sorrows, click here for a PDF pamphlet!
I created a Seven Sorrows Chaplet to go with my other Rosaries, and I am so excited to get it blessed and to use it. I hope I can reap the benefits our dear Lady promises, and extend my hand to others in honour of her!